The Mission

I can't promise preschool perfection, but I can guarantee an honest desire to walk with God through the process!








Chart Our Progress from the Very Beginning

Thursday, March 10, 2011

"W"-ith a Bang!

And with this coming week [Week 24: Letter W], we conclude the 3rd Quarter with a bang! Y'all might have already hit this point...assuming you didn't take a few weeks off to put your house on the market...but we are just glad to have made it this far!


Looking ahead to the last quarter, I have a few comments about what we plan to do:
1. I plan to combine X and Z into one week...mostly because we are limited on what we can do with those letters (box, fox, zebra, zipper...anything else?)

2. After "Week 28:qu", I plan to jump down to "ph" and back up to "Magic e" (for those of you who are following along in the book Recipe for Reading).

3. The last two weeks I intend to review and assess. Review: (bible verses, 3 part drill, random topics covered) Assess: (letter/sound recognition, alphabetical order, ability to blend sounds, red word memorization) I will post more details about the specifics of this as it gets closer.

I intend to hold all of these expectations with an open hand as I have no idea what our future will hold. Our house could sell and we could be somewhere between Houston and Tucson at any moment! Thankfully, we are only doing preschool and not neuro-surgery! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment